28 September 2008

Welcome to my Cabin!

I realized the other day that I have never really showed people pictures of where I live. It is a little hard to get good pictures of smaller spaces, but I hope you can see where I live. Right now I am in a 4-berth cabin on Deck 4. Since I moved in in August, I have been sleeping on the top bunk of the second cubicle, but hopefully in about a week my cabinmate will be moving and I will be able to move down. I have gotten used to the top, but it will be nice to be able to fall into bed instead of climbing in.

Welcome to the Cabin!
(standing outside in the passage and standing just inside the door)

When walking into the cabin, the first door on the right is the bathroom - very nice to have one in the cabin that you only share with three other people. On the ANA, most bathrooms were shared and limited in their use. Notice that there are no cockroaches either!
There are two cubicles, each with a bunkbed, 2 closets and a small 'desk'. Karen and I share the second one back. My closet is the one closer to the camera with all the pictures hanging up.

The special part of a 4-berth is that the back part of the cabin is actually a small sitting area. In a 6-berth, this space has another bunkbed and in a 3-berth, each cubicle is used by one bed. Right now in our cabin, we have three seats, 2 cupboards, a bookshelf and a couple mirrors. There is not that much private space on the ship, so this space can be nice for watching movies with friends or just having a place to sit and talk -- although you just have to be careful to keep your voice down if you don't want the neighbors to hear what you are saying :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.